Live the passion of the women and men who develop and raise Cognac in our exceptional terroir, also rich in history and gastronomy.
You travel through the vineyard to the rhythm of its river, the Charente. You will discover the wines of our vineyard, including Grande Champagne and Petite Champagne, where the development of Cognac and Pineau has long been an art.
- Cognac Tasting Tour was set up in 2005 by Jean-Luc Montembault to develop wine tours offers in the heart of the Cognac vineyards, a hundred kilometres North of Bordeaux.
After living a decade in Asia and having traveled a lot, Jean-Luc had a passion for cognac, its history, its vineyard, the art of living in its vineyard, to the point of becoming a very good connoisseur and to be named "Cognac Educator" by the National Inter-professional Bureau of Cognac (BNIC).
Thanks to his founder very involved in some local associations such as the "Cognac Cigare Club", the "Club Elixir XO", the "Etapes du Cognac", the DMC Cognac Tasting Tour is able to immerse yourself into the vineyard out of beaten tracks, to open doors usually closed and make you meet passionate and exciting personalities of the world of Cognac, cellar masters, distillers, coopers...
- In two or three days, or more for spirits' lovers, discover the world of cognac with, on the one side, its famous brands owned by trading houses proposing luxury experiences and, on the other side, its winemakers and distillers proposing terroir experiences, with accommodations of all levels, from the yurt to the 5 * hotel. All-inclusive packages with your vehicle, with a rental car or with a minibus and its driver.
- Multi-day tours
- For passionate travellers, Cognac Tasting Tour offers the discovery of spirits of the South-West of France: Cognac, Armagnac, Whiskey, as well as a circuit "From the Loire châteaux to Bordeaux by the vineyards" in association with the Relais du Silence hotels.
- Half-day or full-day excursions in the vineyard with a guide to meet a cooper artisan, a winemaker-distiller producing craft cognacs, excursions which may, of course, include a visit to a famous trading house.
- Day trips to discover within the day the prestigious vineyards of Bordeaux and Cognac which use very different winemaking methods, to have by comparison additional keys to better appreciate Bordeaux wines and cognacs...
- For groups or individuals, thematic workshops on cognac, "Cognac and chocolate", "oak and cognac", "Prepare your aperitif with cognac", "All about Pineau des Charentes", "Cooking workshop" during vacation, in addition to a meeting, an incentive (MICE)...
- Cognac Tasting Tour is a DMC on a human scale, flexible, anchored in its territory and close to its service providers, knowing how to combine luxury, terroir and art-of-living in the French way.
- Since 2010, Cognac Tasting Tour is labelled "Vignobles & Découvertes” (Vineyards & Discoveries) by ATOUT FRANCE (the Tourism Development Agency of France).
Examples of trips
- Grande Champagne distilleries - Day Tour from Cognac : 105€
- Cognac Discovery, 3D/2N package (in a luxury guest-house) : 225€
- Cognac Masterclass : 30€