Europe Active is above all a professional team of travel enthusiasts. Founded in 2005, this incoming tour operator specialises in active holidays. Walking, cycling, motorcycling and car tours are their specialities. They have a vast portfolio of carefully designed tours to choose from, but they also specialise in creating “a la carte” tours for the discerning traveller. From their offices in Corsica, the Europe Active team offers its customers a technical expertise and an in-depth knowledge of their field. For a walking trip, a bike or motorbike tour, whether you wish to travel alone, as a couple, with friends, or join a group, Europe Active can provide you with the opportunity to discover the most beautiful regions of Corsica, Europe and beyond. Europe Active offers a wide range of services including detailed road-books, local guides, carefully chosen accommodation, luggage transfers, air or sea transport and pretty much anything else you can think of that will make your holiday unforgettable.
- Anthony Laplagne, an MBA graduate of Nantes Business School, founded Europe Active in 2005. After growing up on the sunny island of Reunion and following many adventures in Eastern Europe and the Middle East, Anthony’s rucksack finally came to rest on the stunning French island of Corsica. Anthony has brought together an experienced team of ten travel professionals and enthusiasts who work alongside him, sharing his passion for travel and nature.
- Car tours
- Corsica, Sardinia, Tuscany, Romania, Ireland. Itinerant or centre-based, with accommodation to suit all tastes whether this includes camping or five-star luxury accommodation. Choose your holiday based upon a theme such as food or culture. All-inclusive packages are available, whether you wish to bring your own vehicle or rent a hire car.
- On the island of Corsica, Europe Active has a fleet of up-market Volkswagen California camper vans available for hire.
- Walking holidays
- Europe Active walking holidays include the classic Corsican long distance paths, such as the GR20, the Mare a Mare, the Mare e Monti, as well as some lesser well-known gems. Our walking holiday expertise extends to Sardinia, Tuscany and Romania. The choice of trips includes self-guided holidays using maps and detailed instructions, or guided holidays with a knowledgeable walking guide.
- Cycle tours
- Corsica, Sardinia, the Canal du Midi and Canal de Garonne, Provence, Tuscany, the Dolomites, Romania and Croatia. Leisure cycling or road riding, self-guided or with a group and road-side assistance.
- On Corsica, Europe Active has a fleet of approximately 150 bikes (road bikes, electrically assisted bikes, mountain bikes, hybrid bikes) including high-end carbon bikes.
- Motorbike tours
- Corsica, Italy (Sardinia, Sicily, Tuscany), the British Isles, Croatia, Portugal, the USA, India (under our brand name Tiger Roads). Self-guided tours in Europe and accompanied group trips further afield.
- On Corsica, Europe Active has a fleet of 25 motorbikes and scooters, ranging from 125cc to some big hitters including the BMW 800GS, Honda NC750X, the Triumph Bonneville and various Indian models.
- Europe Active is a dynamic travel company: agile, responsive, innovative. At the fore-front of technological change, Europe Active is owner of its own reservation software. Europe Active is driven both by customer satisfaction and a long-term respect for the fragile social and ecological systems that we are privileged to travel within.
- By welcoming travellers from all over the world, with a team speaking seven languages, Europe Active advocates values of openness, tolerance and sharing. The agency is in the process of being certified by the French association ATR - Acting for Responsible Tourism.